Code of Practice
The purpose of these standards:
The Code of Practice of The Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies of Hong Kong exists for three reasons:
- to reassure advertisers who employ members of the Association that they are dealing with companies and individuals who subscribe to Code of Practice and ethical conduct in line with their own business ethics and attitudes;
- to ensure the continuation of the advertising agency business in Hong Kong as a professional and profitable enterprise. By safeguarding a minimum scale of remuneration, the industry is ensuring that a sufficient number of advertising agencies, offering a full range of services, is available to meet the requirements of Hong Kong Industry and Commerce;
- to provide a basis for standards and business practices such as remuneration, import duties, statutory charges and taxation that is common to both Hong Kong and the People's Republic of China. Providing this basis is both appropriate and timely, as clients of The Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies of Hong Kong increasingly require similar standards of professionalism and remuneration in both markets.
The purpose of strengthening, clarification and uplifting of standards is :
- to ensure that each member will carry on his profession and business in such a manner as to protect the public interest and uphold the dignity and interests of the profession, the Association and its members generally, and
- to force competition between advertising agencies into the area of upgrading the quality and extending the scope of their various services, rather than restricting such activities to meet a financial need.
Membership of The Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies of Hong Kong requires that a member company, individual or a partnership shall acknowledge acceptance of the Code of Practice either under Company Seal or personal signature.